CPO requires all potential adoptive couples, both the mother and the father, to read the following books. These books will answer many of your questions and help you become comfortable with the open adoption concept.
- The Connected Child by Dr. Karyn Purvis, Dr. David Cross, Wendy Sunshine. ISBN: 0071475001
- Children of Open Adoption by Kathleen Silber, Patricia Martinez Dorner. ISBN: 0-93172-2780
- Arms Wide Open by Jane Waters ISBN: 1420878549
- Because I Loved You: A Birthmother’s View of Open Adoption by Patricia Dischler ISBN: 1595980423
- The Baby Book by Dr. William Sears and Martha Sears ISBN: 0-31677-8001